Recoup the import duties you’ve already paid with MGTA’s duty drawback service.
Cash-in on previously paid duties and leave the rest to us. Our drawback services are designed with your time-savings in mind. From applying for drawback privilege and claim filing to recordkeeping and managed document workflows, we’ve got the experience, software, and compliance background to ensure your program runs as smoothly as possible.
How it works
- Merchandise is imported into the U.S.
- Duties are paid on the merchandise.
- Merchandise is resold and exported to a foreign buyer.
- U.S. Customs refunds 99% of the duties previously paid.
What’s the catch?
- Merchandise must be exported or destroyed within 5 years of import.
- U.S. Customs must approve you for the duty drawback program before you can begin receiving refunds.
- Other limitations apply. See Restrictions for more information.
- Drawback Eligibility Assessment (Free). Find out if your company can take advantage of duty drawback and get an estimate of the refund amounts you may be eligible to receive. Contact us today for a free assessment.
- Drawback Application Setup and Submission. Collection of required documentation, assistance with procedures for drawback claim filing and recordkeeping, as well as preparation and submission of drawback applications to U.S. Customs & Border Protection.
- Filing of Drawback Claims and Claims Management. Claim preparation and electronic submission to U.S. Customs, assistance in monitoring the documentary workflows associated with your claims, tracking the status of your claims and the amount of funds recovered, and performing an annual drawback audit on your behalf.
- Expedited Drawback Refunds. Accelerate the processing of your refunds from duty drawback with this specialty service. You could receive your refund within 4-8 weeks of claim submission, instead of the typical wait time of 1-3 years (yup, you read right—YEARS!).
- Waiver of Prior Notice and One-Time Waiver of Prior Notice. Assistance with on-going or one-time requests to be exempt from prior notice to U.S. Customs of intent to export.
Our rates are reasonable for companies of all shapes and sizes. Our fees include:
- One-time drawback application fee (varies based on the number of applications needed).
- Service charge for each drawback claim we submit on your behalf (deducted from your refund once received; amount varies based on type of drawback claim).
Find out how much you could save with MGTA’s duty drawback services. Get in touch with us today.