Mohawk is very proud to be a Great Place to Work-Certified company for five consecutive years! Click here to learn more.
Mohawk Global Trade Advisors is a group of experienced trade compliance specialists who work with companies operating in the global marketplace.
We are looking for enthusiastic team players to join our ever-expanding staff of Trade Advisors.
Vice President & General Manager
Date of Posting:
Location: Any Mohawk Location
The Vice President & General Manager will oversee Mohawk Global Trade Advisors. This individual will lead the Syracuse, Chicago, Rochester, Buffalo, and New England MGTA drawback & consulting teams and oversee MGTA projects to support departmental and employee growth while adding to MGTA’s bottom line.
- Support, embrace and lead the team according to Mohawk’s Core Values: Care, Deliver, Enrich.
- Manage the P&L of MGTA, including new business generation, staff utilization / chargeability and expense control.
- Provide technical consulting and training support to MGTA clients in the areas of import, export, FTAs, classification, CTPAT, ISA, FTZ and other customs related areas.
- Develop business prospects through on-line tools, networking and face to face meetings. Motivate the Mohawk sales force to sell MGTA.
- Maintain MGTA’s import and export expertise and knowledge of related developments through industry contacts and participation in selected government/industry conferences and trainings.
- Act as a technical and training resource on import and export compliance for the MGL/MGTA organization and staff.
- Represent MGTA on selected import and export compliance related industry panels and business development groups.
- Maintain MGTA seminar and webinar training schedule.
- Oversee bi-annual MGTA Trade Fest, leading to team to formulate topics, speakers and sponsors.
- Lead the MGTA import/export compliance division, including business development, related marketing and process tools, training materials, and project deliverables.
- Develop and deliver MGTA’s budget.
- Work closely with the consulting team to support and maintain all MGTA clients and ensure their needs are being met.
- Maintain proper staff levels and capabilities.
- Create synergies between MGTA and the rest of Mohawk. Leverage MGTA to deliver freight and brokerage opportunities for Mohawk
- Ensure all MGTA consulting work is conducted in an ethical and socially responsible manner.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field
- Required: 10-15 years’ experience in trade compliance (import/export)
- Required: Customs Brokers license
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task
- Highly organized and detailed
- Strong leadership and negotiation skills
- Ability to analyze data, information, and figures
- Experience interacting and dealing with diverse cultures
- Calm in stressful situations
- Ability to work independently and within a team to regularly meet deadlines
- Foster an environment of collaboration and trust
Equipment, Machines and Software Used:
- Ability to operate a computer, printer, telephone, photocopier, fax machine and calculator.
- Desired: Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Word
Mental and Physical Requirements:
Close mental and visual attention required to perform a variety of tasks.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, stand, walk, talk, hear, reach, and perform repetitive motions of hands and/or wrists.
No or very limited physical effort required.
Candidate must work at one of MGL/MGTA’s current offices: Syracuse, NY; Albany, NY; Rochester, NY; Buffalo, NY; Chicago, IL; Cleveland, OH; or Newark, NJ.
Work is performed in an office environment where there is no substantial exposure to adverse environmental conditions.
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Full array of benefit plans
Contact: All candidates may send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Don’t forget to check us out on Glassdoor!