Discover where you’re most at-risk for non-compliance.
Our Compliance Audits put your import operations under the microscope to uncover the gaps in your company’s Customs compliance processes and transactional records. When we’re finished, you’ll receive a Gap Analysis Report with our recommendations for improvement, allowing you to elevate your rate of compliance and reduce your risk of exposure to government penalties and fines.
Our Comprehensive Audit encompasses all areas of your import compliance program. It begins with your company structure, analyzing management commitment, and identifying resources. From there, we conduct an in-depth audit of your import process, which includes reviews of:
- Entry documentation
- Process flow
- Receiving process
- Returned goods process
- Internal controls and monitoring
- Tariff classification
- Trade preference, free trade agreements, and duty reduction programs
As well as
- Development of SOP’s
- On-site training
- Written gap analysis report with recommendations for improvement
These are audits that are limited in scope and can be combined to suit your needs.
- Guidance on required records
- Review of your recordkeeping processes
- Assistance with correcting written procedures for recordkeeping
- Development of record retention, storage, and destruction procedures
- Guidance on determining the correct method to use
- Review of your valuation processes and procedures, as well as detection of discrepancies
- Assistance with correcting written procedures for valuation
- Development of comprehensive valuation processes and procedures
- Verification that the correct values were declared to Customs on invoices and other commercial documents
Contact MGTA today to schedule an audit or learn more about our audit services.